March 25, 2008

You asked...

...actually, this one's for ScienceMama. Here are some of my favorite vegetarian recipes. I can't say they are particularly high in protein...that's one reason I've gone back to eating meat, giving my kid meat, and forcing my husband to eat meat (not really, but someday, maybe???). But they are good for you and very very yummmy!

Ribolita with Herb Pesto from Cooking Light. This one is chock full of good stuff like kale (or chard, you can use either) and beans. The only problem I have with this dish is the pesto leaves this crazy aftertaste in my mouth that I hate. But it never stops me from eating it!

Bulgar Risotto with Peas and Asparagus from Bon Appetit. Veggie made this for me for Valentine's Day (or was it our anniversary?) - well, he made it all by himself, and wow was it delicious! You can substitute any kind of veggies for the Peas and Asparagus, but so far we haven't ventured out of the comfort zone because it's JUST SO GOOD. The other great thing about this recipe is the bulgur - it gets creamy just like regular risotto, but without the added cream! It's also lighter on the tummy I think.

1 comment:

Veggie said...

Ah.. that risotto is good, and fairly easy to make if you don't mind standing in front of the stove for 45 minutes. And it makes your Honey happy. Seriously, for all you dads/husbands/boyfriends out there, you get huge points for this one and it isn't too hard to pull off :)