March 21, 2008

“Culinary News & Adventures”

I just got fantastic news: Punkin is only allergic to eggs! YAYYYY! Oh you don’t know how happy this makes me. The world of food is suddenly wide open and waiting for my little monster to eat his way through. Lattes and hot fudge here we come....or not. But seriously, enough with the goat dairy already! I mean, Punkin may chow down on goat yogurt and goat cheese three meals a day, but his chef is sick of the olfactory equivalent of cooking, and eating, in a goat barn. Many thanks to the folks at Redwood Hills Farm and Greenbank Farm for their goaty dairy products, but come on! Bring on the MOOO COWS! Just after hearing this lovely news and doing my little celebration dance, to the delight of the completely unaware Punkin, I made the second great revelation...I don’t really have to pump anymore. WOW. Ok, maybe a few times to trick the boobies when needed, but really, just pour some milk in a cup and VOILA. Go nuts little man. Ahhhhh....we are a happy house tonight.

On the adventurous side, I’m making Creamy Balsamic-Tomato Soup with a side of cheesy toast tonight. This might possibly be Veggie’s favorite meal (friends and family take note). When we were in college and subjected to the wonderful delights of cafeteria cuisine, there was always one meal that set Veggie’s internal Pavlovian dog a-salivating: Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese. Mind you the grilled cheese must be dipped into the soup for ultimate taste sensation. So, being the obedient house wife that I am, I set about finding a tomato soup recipe that would satisfy Veggie’s cravings....and my culinary persnickitiness. And Voila - thank you Cooking Light! (Skip the straining step unless you’re feeling extra masochistic). Melted gruyere cheese on rosemary ciabata bread replaced greasy grilled cheddar on white. Nutritious? Not so much. But the Yum factor is outa sight!

1 comment:

ScienceMama said...

I am seriously kinda freaking out about the transition to cow's milk in the very near future...

but SOOOOOO excited to stop pumping!