I’ve taken a brief hiatus from writing because, well, Mom is in town. Yes, that’s Mom with a capital M. You see, it’s really hard to write when you’re being dragged all over town by a 5’3” highly caffeinated speed-walking shopaholic, to the aquarium, the supermarket (3 different ones of course), three restaurants in two days, two kid’s stores, the dog park, the original Starbucks, should I go on? Yeah, my life is hard ;) But seriously, during this blessed week I have rarely turned on my computer, yet another reason to be grateful to the Mom. And Punkin has been suffering right along with me. Actually, although I know he loves Grandma D-D’s visits and all the new toys and clothes and extra attention (actually, he probably could care less about the clothes, but I’m grateful!), he’s been so exhausted I don’t think he knows what end is up. We did a lot this week, but my greatest accomplishment, the thing I bragged about to Veggie when he got home tonight, worth popping open the bubbly and actually let my husband look at me, you know, that way...I actually got Punkin to TAKE TWO NAPS and get to bed before 8:30. What the h*#l has happened to my life that this is the best part of my week? I became a mother, that’s what, and my accomplishments in my new found line of work make me a cocky, badass, toddler toting mama who can sometimes let her husband look at her that way. If he’s lucky.
Catch up, stock up, and a timely metaphor
7 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment