So the other day I was sitting on the floor with the Punkin in my lap - he played, I marveled at his genius - when suddenly it occurred to me how amazingly sentimental I was feeling. I couldn’t stop sniffing his hair, kissing his cheek, telling him how great it was that he could put that toy inside that cup and take it back out again. Watchout Harvard. I felt so happy to be at home with him, bonding, watching him grow, cementing our relationship....ok, if I had written these things down a week earlier I would have been repulsed by my own cheesiness. But this day everything was suddenly different, happy, content...oh the warm fuzzies were coating my brain like...like...damnit writers block strikes again....the brain was just fuzzy ok? and warm! get it?
So wtf happened to me, you may ask? What turned a cynical, often oblivious, what’s-the-point-in-stopping-to-smell-the-roses kinda gal into queen of warm fuzzies? It was a sunny day in Seattle...in February...VITAMIN D!! It’s a drug. Too much of it and your brain melts and you decide your loving devoted husband deserves pain and torture at the hands of a maniacal pinch-happy toddler. Just the right amount and you’re mama bear on qualudes. I swear they need to moderate my intake. And I thought my hormones were wacky. No, it’s just the weather.
Which reminds me, next time I gotta write about living in the “Rainy City” with S.A.D.
Catch up, stock up, and a timely metaphor
5 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment