I'm back! (Ok, technically I came "back" home 2 weeks ago, but perhaps that's a story for another day...)
After three weeks of single-parenthood/"vacation" (i.e. hell in paradise), I have come back home. If I wasn't so jet-lagged, hadn't been woken up at 6am by a cranky toddler, and hadn't had that glass of wine with dinner, I might actually have been able to coherently write about our summer at the beach my first day back (did I mention that was 2 weeks ago?). But I was, and he did, and I did, and therefore I couldn't.
So why have I been M.I.A. for nearly a month and a half??? It's called MOTHERHOOD. Ever heard of it?
While I was gone, one of my half-dead plants managed to completely resurrect itself. Delicately perched at the tip of a long skinny stem, its white blossoms are almost boastful in the face of the plant's previous pathetic state. I can only hope that this is a sign of good things to come from the Daily Droool.
Catch up, stock up, and a timely metaphor
7 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment