Imagine a cat who’s just been ingratiated by having it’s tail stepped on. Crying out in agony and indignation and sadness, “why did you hurt me?” That’s how I feel when your teeth clamp down on my sore, red, tender flesh. The pain is excruciating, especially on already raw, possibly infected skin. But it is sadness that brings tears to my eyes. This moment is supposed to be soothing, magical, bonding, happy. We’ve got the moves down to a science, you don’t need any help anymore. Cradled in my arms, you curl around me, your hand reaches up to play with my face, your eyes struggle to resist sleep. But these days breastfeeding has become so painful I almost dread it. It shouldn’t be at this point, but you can’t seem to get a handle on all 8 of your new teeth. And yet I wouldn’t give it up for the world. But some days, man.....you make me question my faith....
Catch up, stock up, and a timely metaphor
5 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment