February 19, 2008

Addiction

I can’t get enough of sugar these days, and not just any kind of sugar. High quality dark chocolate is my favorite, but homemade cookies are a close second. Those chocolate covered butter biscuits my friend brought me from Harrods of London were gone too quickly. And Ben and Jerry’s Half-Baked frozen yogurt smothered in hot fudge has become a nightly ritual. It’s ok for now.

A nurse told me to cram in as many calories as I can to make up for Punkin sucking me dry each day, and I am taking her words to heart. And for now it doesn't seem to have any drawbacks - in fact I have trouble keeping up with his calorie withdrawal and he's only nursing 5 times/day - there are many days I’ve wished this weren’t so, cause Hey it’s better to be fat and loved than skinny and hated, right Katie Holmes? But seriously, someday Punkin will stop chowing down and I'll still want my chocolate-covered goji berries, and then I'll be in trouble. Intervention anyone?

So back to my sugar addiction - when I get my pre-meal snack on, I reach for the Trader Joe’s chocolate coated chocolate chip dippers and when they’re all gone I hungrily eye the brownie mix on the top shelf....just...out....of....reach.

1 comment:

ScienceMama said...

If only I had this problem... I need to borrow your Punkin for a couple of weeks...