Can you get too much of it, cause I think maybe I have... Visiting California this fine weekend in February and it is clear and 68 degrees. My brain is melting. I seriously think after what seams like eons of wet, cold, cloudy Seattle days, the sun in California is making me mental. And I’m directing most of my insanity at Veggie. Poor Veggie. What’s my beef with Veggie? It’s one of our old disagreements: my life is much more stressful than his. Sure he’s got loads of responsibility and his boss is slightly insane and they expect him to create something great out of nothing. But you see he can go to the bathroom. WHENEVER HE WANTS. He doesn’t have to feed someone else before he feeds himself. If he decides he needs a 5 minute break...HE TAKES A BREAK. I, on the other hand, have had to master the art of peeing with a wiggly toddler on my lap (yes, somedays that’s just the way it has to happen). I often spend several hours in a blood-sugar-depleted haze trying to get Punkin fed and too drained to find food for myself - cheerio mommy?
I know I know, quit yer bitchin, you get to spend every lovely day watching your little angel grow and learn and (‘scuse me while I make myself yak from sentimental overdose...) No seriously, I’m lucky, and it won’t last forever, but somedays I just really want Veggie to know what it’s like to have a 25 lb gobblin hanging on your every move...
Today Punkin discovered what fun it is to pinch Veggie’s nipples. Ahhhh...there is justice afterall!!
Catch up, stock up, and a timely metaphor
7 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment