September 26, 2008

Top Chef


I like to eat. I especially like to eat really really good food. And since I don't especially like eating bad food, and I can't eat at fancy restaurants every night, this means I have to attempt to make myself really good food nearly every day. You'd think this would have made me a good cook, but I will not be so presumptuous. I don't create my own recipes, and I usually stick close to the recipes written by others (unless of course someone tells me to do something different). So I'd say I'm lacking a bit in creative expression. But I love to flip through recipe books and magazines, and long ago my computer memorized the path to epicurious.com. I've recently started browsing food blogs for a greater depth of inspiration, but my search repertoire is still fairly limited. Every so often I come across a recipe (or a website) that just totally hits the spot.

So from now on I'm going to be sharing those little nuggets of inspiration. From the simplest of syrups to the most delectable desserts, once a week I will try to post a recipe or food site that I really love. I'd love to hear your favorite recipes or sources of inspiration, so feel free to leave comments or email me at Queen Zucchini (at) gmail (dot) com.

No comments: