September 24, 2008

pile driver

That's what has taken up residence in my cranium the past 5 days. A pile driver. With big honkin' blocks o' cement being driven through my frontal cortex and out my left eye socket.

Yes, my friends, I am sick. Again. And I'm so done with being sick. I've had the sinus infection to end all sinus infections, and I'm not the only one suffering from it. Veggie's had to miss 2+ days of work and Punkin, while ecstatic that dada has been home every day for 4 days straight, is a little miffed about mama's laissez-faire attitude lately. I mean jeeze, the woman hasn't done a load of laundry in 5 days and he's running out of clean pants and pj's!

But seriously, he's definitely noticed my hands-off parenting style of late and has greeted it with equal, if not more, indifference towards me. That is, he could care less if I'm in the room as far as I can tell. Veggie says I'm being overly sensitive, but yesterday Punkin actually said quite clearly "NO!" when asked if he wanted to nurse at bed time. I instantly realized what it would feel like to have your baby self-wean. Of course, he was happily nursing 30 minutes later and I was convinced we had at least another day before I became completely replaceable.

No comments: