May 26, 2008

Happy Birthday - Part 2

So we’re all excited about buying this camera, right? And we’ve picked out exactly which one we want and which store seemed to have the best deal on it. And whadya know there all sold out. And so are the other Best Buys in the area because apparently it’s a really popular camera (at least we know we made a good choice?). Next we check Target - it was next door - but they’ve got a limited selection and we’re not willing to budge on our decision just to get instant gratification of a new camera. So on our way home we call Circuit City - all sold out - and just as we’re thinking of giving up I suggest we try the local camera shop - god forbid - to which I know Veggie will be all “but they’ll mark the price up” so I’m all “well at least we’ll know then, won’t we” secretly thinking “what’s an extra thirty bucks if I can HAVE IT KNOW” and devilishly rubbing my palms together and cackling under my breath.

Sure enough the local camera shop sells it, but oh yeah, they’re sold out, too. Our last option? To drive to freakin’ Bellevue and pick one up at their sister store. Just as we’re about to have the guy in Bellevue put one on hold for us, Veggie has the smarts to ask the sales clerk if we’re really buying the right camera for our money. As it turns out...we’re not. He then presents us with the cheaper, earlier version and says something about some jargon that I’m barely paying attention to because Punkin is trying desperately to knock over a display of tripods (good thing tripods are made to not fall over...except when a brutish toddler starts experimenting with his own strength...). So we switch places, I fiddle with the two display models and drill the sales clerk with questions, and sure enough we decide to buy the cheaper version. It does help that as I’m debating the options Veggie pipes up from the corner of the store where he’s been chasing Punkin “If we get the cheaper camera, we can buy the point-n-shoot, too!” Suddenly the aberration is back, taunting me with his rationalization, “We were already planning on spending that much money, now we can get two cameras for the price of one!” I caved in a matter of seconds.

Now I’m just waiting to scrape Veggie off the floor when he sees the next credit card bill. I figure some high quality pics of his little family might aid in his recovery...

And so here I am, typing away about cameras waiting for the batteries to charge! I will post new pictures ASAP.

No comments: