Here's a little post I never got around to posting. Back when I thought going 42 days without posting was slacking. HA! I'll have to update the knew Punkin-isms soon, but for now a walk down memory lane. I'm sad to say many of these little quirks have gone by the wayside. Why do they have to learn how to speak well? Can you imagine a world full of people who spoke like this? It would AWESOME.
12/12/08
I'm just going to ignore the fact that my poor little blog site has been sitting vacant for the past 42 days and pretend like I'm not the total slacker I've always been. I suppose I have a lot of catching up to do, and perhaps I will write about November in my own time. But for now I'm most concerned about keeping up with the documentation of my son's childhood and all the TOTALLY AWESOME things he's started doing.
Like I have to have it written down somewhere that he's obsessed with fire trucks, except they're really called "buya-duck" and they go "wee-ooh wee-ooh" with the light on, Ja? Oh yeah, and "yes" is now officially "ja" or "cha" or "da" - something about his German heritage mixing with a little Jamaican and Swedish. And dump trucks are actually "dump-duck" and an octopus is actually an "occopui."
Besides his unique pronunciation of the english language (which mostly has me tearing out my hair and repeating over and over "I don't understand you...sweety") the most fascinating development has been with Punkin's imagination. A few days ago he woke up from a nap and proceeded to tell me all about baking big cookies and little cookies with Bridget, the neighbor. When I asked if he wanted to bake cookies, or eat cookies, or even go see Bridget, he replied "Nooowww" which is "No" with a strange accent at the end. Even better has been the singing. Rockabye baby is "rockabye (punkin) chee-dop" and Twinkle Twinkle becomes "tinkul tinkul lulu dAR." But what tops the charts are the made up songs. Punkin declares "punkin ding gamma deedee dong: gamma deedee GAAmma deedee gamma deedeeeeeee. YAY gamma deedee dong." But he's not finished there. "punkin ding lie-don dong: lie-don lie-don LIE-DON lie-donnnnnnn. YAY lie-don dong." It goes on and on, sometimes for as long as 20 minutes, each song about a different word, often a Punkin word which I swear has no translation into adult English.
Catch up, stock up, and a timely metaphor
5 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment