February 08, 2010

Err...Resurrection Part 3?

The short list:
1. I haven't posted in awhile.
2. I had a baby
3. I'm going to try to post some more
4. I'm writing this blog for selfish reasons.
5. Why I want to resurrect this blog
6. If you don't like what you see, refer back to point 4.
7. See item 6.

And now my rambling explanations:

1: It's been over a year since my last post. BUT I have a good excuse.

2: I'll call him Auggie and he is my squishy and in October of 2008 when I last posted to this blog I was about 6 weeks pregnant with him and after that life was....well....you know....complicated? Exhausting? Busy? Lazy, Fat and Round? - oh wait, that was just me.

3: So I had a baby and now he's 7 months old and I realized today he is getting older every day (imagine that!) and if I don't start writing things down I will never remember how much fun he was at this age and just how crazy life was. Oh, and then there's Punkin. Who, to be honest, is really no longer a Punkin. He's more like a gourd these days. A cute, sweet, creative and loving gourd, but still a gourd. Did I mention he's about to turn 3? yeah, that very fact is probably most responsible for his changing from a round and innocent punkin to a large, opinionated, force-of-nature Gourd. The kid is a regular genius (and I'm not biased or anything), and some days I have the clarity of mind to appreciate that. But most days I'm derailed by his many toddlerisms, the daily slog of diapers (for two!), meals, snacks, more diapers, naps, nursing, more diapers, oh and games and learning of course. OF COURSE. Does folding laundry and sorting socks count?

4: SO. I'm coming back to blogging for purely selfish reasons. I don't expect, nor want, to become The Next Mommy Blogger. I am not here to entertain, educate, or empathize with you. BUT, if I do entertain you, or educate you, or anything else, then those are fringe benefits I can live with.

5: I am coming back to my blog because I want to document my childrens' childhood, my own parenthood, and create a reservoir of activities, crafts, and other ways to stay sane entertaining two kids in a place where it rains, well, a lot (I did a quick Google search to find out just how often it rains here and it turns out that's a rather contentious issue and the numbers are up for debate).

I also find that daily reflection allows me a greater appreciation for my toddler - seriously. And then there's the family. NONE of them live nearby. I guess that's what happens when you move 3,000 miles away and start a family of your own. But hopefully this space will allow them a daily insight into our lives and, most importantly, get the GP's off my back about sending pictures (hi mom!).

6: I strive to be honest, even if painfully honest, about everything in life that comes my way. I hope I don't inadvertently offend or insult anyone along the way. Please feel free to post nasty comments if I do ;)

7: Since a year+ and many life changing events have passed, I may frequently write about those events, or even just the little things that I don't want to forget. If the timeline gets confusing...oh well.

No comments: