October 08, 2008

De-licious

Sciencemama recently directed me to an interesting food site that I'd probably find much more scrumptious if I just took the time to read through some archives. But since I don't have time for that - maybe You do? It's called Delicious Days. Anyway, it lead me to this great recipe for Nutella Banana muffins which are a fantastic excuse to use up rotting bananas and eat something chocolaty. Last night I decided whip some up using the last of my rotting-so-I'll-stick-em-in-the-freezer banana's and now I have 3 big tupperwares full of muffins! Which brings me to one of the downsides of this site - actually, it's more accurately a downside of being me - which is to say, I'm American and therefore a total jello-head when it comes to using the metric system or converting from the metric system or generally taking the time to do math while baking. So I wound up mixing a whole cup of sugar with the butter and egg instead of just a half cup, which then prompted me to try to save the mess by doubling the recipe, which of course never works out quite right in baking. So now I have 3 FULL TUPPERWARES OF MUFFINS and, um, they're a little dry... Someone should tattoo across my forehead "Bake At Your Own Risk!"

Oh, and if you're looking for a beautifully converted recipe for us simple-minded Americans, you're gonna have to look elsewhere my friend. Because I still don't trust my math and you shouldn't either...

No comments: