Our little nuclear family celebrated a relatively low-key 4th watching the local parade and spending time with relatives. I wish I had fabulously interesting stories to tell you about it, but Punkin was just as unimpressed with the holiday as he was last year...
The end of the holiday weekend also brought the end of Veggie's vacation. So now I am at my parents' house, in coastal Massachusetts, living the life of a single parent for 3 WHOLE WEEKS. I am such a wimp - I am terrified. I am NOT cut out to be a single parent. I applaud single parents around the globe. I know in most cases it is not a mother or father's choice to raise children alone, without a mate. But still, whether you choose to or not, YOU ROCK....and I don't.
SO, besides feeling sorry for myself, which I was told is really "unattractive" and which really isn't fair since I am spending my summer at the beach and not in a stuffy office somewhere, I've come to the realization that I must have something to do. (In all my spare time - haha). But seriously, I can't spend the next 3 weeks sitting on the beach watching Punkin carry bucket-fulls of sand back and forth without going TOTALLY INSANE. Maybe I've got a bit of A-D-D, maybe I'm just plain crazy. But I need some sort of project, something to occupy my mind, the time Punkin spends napping, and the time Grandma DD "babysits."
I've got several ideas so far - reading a few good books, making a First Year photo album for Mr. P. But in the off chance I get bored with those, I'd love to hear your suggestions. What would you do with 3 weeks at the beach and no companion??
Catch up, stock up, and a timely metaphor
5 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment