June 15, 2008

His Bad Mother

Like many families, we have a drawer in our kitchen at perfect Punkin height filled mostly with innocent tupperware and wooden spoons. I often let Punkin play with the items in this drawer entirely unsupervised because, well, how could he possibly hurt himself with tupperware? So the other day I decided that I should take out the hand mixer because, who knows, maybe that wasn’t such a good toy. Once I removed the mixer, I noticed something else in the drawer that probably wasn’t such a good toy - a cheese grater. So I took that out, too, and a few other things, and then low and behold I had gathered the items below, all rescued from the “safe” baby drawer. Those funny white triangle things are inserts for a mandolin...you know, with different sized blades on the ends. And yes, that is a meat cleaver, and no, I didn’t put that in there just for show...

No comments: