We've started to take gardening and yard work seriously, and with the help of Seattle's early spring weather we've made some big improvements and started some even bigger projects. First, we're expanding our little outdoor garden to include 2 raised beds in the front yard and an even bigger stretch of garden in the back. The backyard plot is a 6ft x 25ft swath between the driveway and fence, and was chock full of dandelions, blackberry vines, grass, and other weeds, so clearing it will be an ongoing project.
Punkin and I clearing the land:
We've already planted a fig tree and blueberry bush, and just added 2 strawberries and a raspberry. Punkin LOVES helping in the garden and finding worms and stealing mama's garden tools.
We're hoping to add pumpkins and squash this summer. The front yard raised beds will have lettuces, kale, spinach, and herbs in one, and tomatoes, peppers and beets in the other. Of course, the second bed has yet to be built, and first we need to move a rather large boxwood to make room. It's part of our laundry list of to-do's....does every home owner and parent have a never ending to-do list? I swear ours just gets longer and longer no matter how many projects we actually complete.
To add to all this excitement, Punkin and I are trying to grow plants from seed indoors. It's a new experience for both of us, and I try hard not to measure it by successes and failures, but rather by fun and learning. But I'll write more about that in another post...
Catch up, stock up, and a timely metaphor
5 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment